MEDICAL FITNESS/ THERAPIES
- MEDICAL FITNESS IN THERMAL WATER OR IN A GYM
- REHABILITATION AND FUNCTIONAL RE-EDUCATION
- OSTEOPATHY AND KINESIOLOGY
There is broad scientific evidence of a direct relation between the amount of physical exercise, health conditions, and the quality of life of people. An active lifestyle is thus crucial for prevention, as well as for care, to slow down and prevent the onset of undesired physical disorders, such as hypertension, overweight, insulin resistance, and high cholesterol and triglyceride values (whose coexistence is known as “Metabolic Syndrome”). The structure of the Pool and of the Gym available at the Garda Thermal Park allows to combine the beneficial properties of thermal water with highly qualified prevention and functional rehabilitation programmes.
- Free preliminary specialist examination to review the general health conditions, the lifestyle, and the reasons that call for a motor activity or recovery programme in thermal water;
- Upon request, 3 individual sessions with a personal trainer to implement the exercise scheme recommended upon the preliminary examination;
- Medium-long term planning of motor activities in thermal water, customized according to the individual’s characteristics and diagnostic profile;
- Ongoing assistance by our specialized staff;
- Monitoring of the impact of exercise in thermal water on the body;
- Optional customized therapeutic treatments at subsidized prices.
Medical Fitness in Thermal Water is a physical exercise programme suited for everyone. It is especially designed for individuals with metabolic and physiological disorders (hypertension, overweight, high triglyceride and cholesterol values) or chronic diseases (diabetes, osteoporosis, arthrosis, obesity), yet in stable health conditions and in need to increase their exercise. The onset of such diseases is slow and silent. Therefore, the early adoption of measures ensures a more effective rehabilitation and recovery of optimal health conditions.
Rehabilitation and functional re-education cover the needs of individuals requiring motor recovery.
Cooling down sessions in thermal and alkaline water are offered at the Sports Centre for the muscular recovery of athletes and football players.
The players of Hellas Verona chose our Thermal Pool for their pre and post-match sessions.
The Medical Fitness in Thermal water programme, implemented in cooperation with the Bernstein Centre’s Team, is operated by Orthopaedics, Traumatology, Physiotherapy, and Motor Sciences practitioners specializing in prevention and adapted motor activities.
- Manual physiotherapy treatments;
- Shock waves;
REHABILITATION AND FUNCTIONAL RE-EDUCATION:
- Post-traumatic rehabilitation;
- Cardio-respiratory rehabilitation;
- Sport rehabilitation;
- Proprioception and gymnastics;
- Prevention and adapted gymnastics;
- Motor re-education.
OSTEOPATHY AND KINESIOLOGY:
Osteo-kinesiology treatments (DMSO TECHNIQUE) to help:
- Restore an appropriate osteoarticular balance;
- Normalize postural deficits;
- Reactivate joint functionality in chronic or post-traumatic conditions.
Marble tubs for cryotherapy are located beside the Thermal Pool.
The tubs are filled with cold water and possibly with ice to bathe the entire body or parts of it. This practice, particularly popular in sports, reduces muscular stiffness, promotes quick recovery, and mitigates joint and muscular pain.
in Residenza (apartments) or in Villa (hotel):
. Definition of a therapeutic strategy/indication
. Postural and balance tests
. Exercise programmes in the Thermal Pool and/or in the gym for post-operative disease with custom made therapies – if needed
. Health supervision during your whole stay
HEALTH CENTRE – OPENING HOURS
It is located in Via Sion 1 in Colà di Lazise in the Garda Thermal Park – access through the park or from the street.
First visit by a specialist free of charge for MEDICAL FITNESS, PHYSIOTHERAPIE, OSTEOPATHY AND KINESIOLOGY: Tuesday and Friday afternoon by appointment. Orthopaedic visits also by appointment.
Please call 045 7590988 from 08:30 am to 6:00 pm (Monday – Friday).
OPENING HOURS FITNESS (GYM) AND MEDICAL FITNESS IN THERMAL WATER
Monday – Friday (11:00 am – 6:00 pm)